Our office has begun doing these as well. We are charging for the injection code, 20600-20610 or 20550-20551, as well as the blood draw (36415). There has been some debate over whether or not we should be charging for the blood draw, so just keep that in mind. We have been getting paid on it though. We are also charging J3590, unclassified biologics code for the kit and writing "Platelet Rich Plasma" in box 19 on the claims.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join