You would get 1 point for review and/or order of studies in Radiology section. (whether you reviewed OR ordered 1 xray or 20 ... you get 1 point)
You would get 2 points for independent visualization of image, tracing or specimen (NOT just review of the report). Again, whether you looked at 1 image or 20 - just 2 points.
So if you did BOTH, order/review Xray AND independently visualized the Xray you would get a total of 3 points. I find that it's hard to get the physician to document that s/he actually viewed the films him/herself.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join