I think the info you need would be in the ASA RVU book. The circumstance you described in your post is exactly what you need. You will need to use the postop pain code .. I am at home and dont have a book but I think it is 338.18.. you will need to append -59 to your injection code otherwise you will probably have to appeal all of them and these injections are billed type of svc 2 not 7. For some reason insurance carriers do not realize the types of svc are diff or the dx code or the procedure...lol contact me if you need addl info
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join