Flu symptoms include fever, headache, muscle aches, chills, cough, runny nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. If you have access to the doctor, I'd ask him/her to be more specific with the flu symptoms.
Took a closer look at 487.1 and if the doc says flu like illness you're probably safe using that code. If the doc says flu symptoms, I'd clarify what that means. Coding--it's almost always about hair-splitting.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join