I've recently heard that denials were coming in for CPT 58823 on male patients. Although the code descriptor does not include gender in it, the location of the code is in CPT Sub category Female Genital System and then listed under Ovary...Based on that alone I would be reluctant to use that code on male patients without further guidance.
Perhaps CPT 45000, if performed transrectally would be more appropriate for male patients.
No references to cite on this one...
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join