It will depend on the type of hernia repair. You will need to check all edits for the specific surgery combos but a general rule is that if the hernia repair is necessary as part of the closure of the original procedure then it is generally bundled. An example of this would be a Lap Chole with an umibilical hernia repair. Since your umbilical incision must be closed as part of the Lap Chole closure then your repair would be considered to be part of the closure and therefore not separately billable. Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join