Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ASC Exam

Red face ASC Exam
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi List..

I was wondering if I could get some insight on the ASC exam. I would like to take it before the end of the year. I have purchased the practicum, but wonder if there is anything else I need to know for the exam. Also, did it seem right up there with the CPC exam as far as difficulty? Thanks for any response..Happy Monday!!

The practicum is not enough in my opinion. It is tricky in the sense of policy and you definetly need to know how to code for an asc

I'm also scheduled to take the CASCC exam for November, and I'm wondering if there are any practice exams out there somewhere? How similar is it to the regular CPC exam? Thanks!

Red face
    YEA, i am concerned about the specialities I dont code for, such as extensive ophthamology, since we only do cataracts..and nothing else. Also, we do not do alot of GYN either. Gimme lotsa pain and ortho and I am golden..

It is on every specialty. It is tricky. As long as you are comfortable coding op notes you will be ok. you HAVE to know ASC coding......The practicum is easy compared to the test...

Does is test you on health information management at all? One review guide I was looking at had a whole section on where to find various pieces of information in a record.

Smile
    Lgentry:

did you feel like you taking the CPC all over again... ?

No, It was not like the CPC. It is ALL op notes. Nothing else. Just op notes on different specialties. Watch your time. I can't stress that enough....
    Good Luck! It did not have HIM. Just coding scenarios.

What a relief, thank you!

Smile
    Thanks Lgentry! all op notes are okay w/me, so I better tighten up my ophth and gyn codes. Thanks so much for your input!! Have a good day..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast