Are you setting up a policy or challenging an existing policy?
This is more of an internal issue offices need to deal with. There are documents that show the value of having CPCs audit and code and the OIG generally uses CPCs when they audit, but to my knowledge there is no document that says what CPCs can or can't do. That is part of the individual job description.
If there is something I hope someone posts it. Just being a CPC does not automatically qualify someone to do all types of coding and auditing so I doubt there is that type of document out there.
Sorry not more helpful,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join