From another thread:
Here is what Dr. Ferragamo MD, FACS suggests:Thank you for an interesting question and answer. For most Medicare carriers
I usually recommend an unlisted code, 53899, for the injection of Botox into
the bladder musculature as indicated by many LCDs for the various states.
However, for Cigna Medicare (in North Carolina, Idaho, and Tennessee) the
carrier has suggested 64640 and 52000 for the procedure.
Also add in Box # 19 of the 1500 form or in the equivalent box of the
electronic billing: "Botox toxin type A via cystoscopic examination is
injected into the detrusor bladder musculature to correct the symptoms of
the over active bladder"
If you supply the Botox also bill: J0585 99 units in box 24G
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join