Your physicians are going to need to carve out the sick visit from the preventive visit. You also want to look for work up associated with the sick visit. If your physicians are only listing the diagnosis, but there is no documentation that additional work up or prescriptions were ordered for these other problems, it could just be part of the preventive visit.
You also want to look at the reason for the encounter; what brought the patient in. Was it just for the physical or did the patient have complaints, and were those complaints treated?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join