When using the 1997 guidelines you can EITHER count the bullets in the General Multi-System Examination guide. OR you can use the bullets in the specialty exam guide.
There is considerable overlap in these various guidelines. But NO, you cannot mix them.
So if you are using the General Multi-system exam you get NO bullet for ATNC (atraumatic, normocephalic).
If you are using the ENT specialty exam you WOULD get a bullet for ATNC, as that specialty includes "inspection of the head and face" as a bullet point.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join