When the nuclear medicine test includes exercise/pharmacological stress, list the appropriate code(s) from the 93015-93018 series to report the stress test (see policy CV-004). CPT code 93015 may be billed with the nuclear codes if the study is performed in an office or freestanding clinic. For in-hospital or hospital outpatient studies, only the professional portion(s) of the stress test (codes 93016 and 93018) may be billed.
Use the appropriate CPT-4 code that describes what type of imaging has been performed.
Codes 78460-78469 describe the characteristics of each type of test, including whether it is a single study or multiple studies. CPT-4 codes 78478 or 78480 describe additions to the above studies and, when performed, can be billed in addition to the above studies. Also include the J code for the adenosine.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join