Results 1 to 2 of 2

51705 cystostomy tube change

  1. Default 51705 cystostomy tube change
    Medical Coding Books
    Pt had surgery 9/10/09 (51040), and had a tube change on 10/7/09 (51705).

    Is 51705 part of the usual and customary post-op care for 51040 or could we bill with a modifier?
    Ann Marie CPC
    Watertown, CT

  2. Default
    I would put a -58 on it.

Similar Threads

  1. 51705 SPC change with E&M?
    By in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
  2. G tube/Peg tube/J tube change
    By Jess1980 in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
  3. G-Tube change
    By jaud63 in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
  4. cystostomy catheter change
    By mrolf in forum Urology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
  5. E/M with tube change
    By kandigrl79 in forum E/M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 05:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.