I have recently had United HealthCare deny an office visit (99213) when it was billed with a breathing treatment (94640) stating the office visit was part of the breathing treatment service. Medicare and other insurances do not deny either when performed in the same day and no modifier is required. Are you aware of some new bundling audit coming around the corner on this? Is this something that needs to be sent for review to United?
My experience is Medicare would be the first to deny if something changed in the coding world and I think United is just creating another reason not to pay a claim.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join