I ran this thru my claim scrubber and for WPSMedicare it does not require a modifier. For commercial carriers it is requiring a 25 be put on the E/M code.
I ran a report to see if we are getting denials. We are billing with the modifier 25 to our commercial carriers and without it to medicare and medicaid. Everything is getting paid that way, no denials.
I checked for 2009 and 2008. We are in Michigan.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join