I have been taught to bill out all inductions with 59200 which according to the CPT book is for insertion of a cervical dilator. I don't believe I am doing this correctly. Sometimes the physician is using suppositories and sometimes injections.
The CPT book says for introduction of a hypertonic solution and/or prostaglandin to initiate labor use 59850-59857 accordingly but when I look up those codes and they seem to be for induced abortions and none of the diagnoses given are for live deliveries. Can someone help me to code this correctly?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join