You may want to look into CPT procedure code 43251 as it is similar to the below.
Here is some information from the CPT assistant:
"Digestive System, 45380, 45385 (Q&A)
How do I code a flexible colonoscopy with removal of a POLYP using a COLD biopsy forceps? Would this be considered the same as a hot biopsy?
The appropriate code for a colonoscopy with removal of a POLYP by a COLD biopsy is 45380 or 45385 depending on the actual technique employed. CPT code 45380, Colonoscopy, flexible, proximal to splenic flexure; with biopsy, single or multiple, should be reported for the removal of portions of the POLYP by COLD biopsy forceps. CPT code 45385, Colonoscopy, flexible, proximal to splenic flexure; with removal of tumor(s), POLYP(s), or other lesion(s) by snare technique, most accurately describes the removal of the entire POLYP using a COLD biopsy forceps. The jaws at the tip of the forceps (as opposed to a loop) surround the POLYP at its stalk and severe its attachment to the colon mucosa. The POLYPoid lesion is then sent for pathology analysis."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join