Did someone in his group do the surgery? The global period only applies to the provider who did the surgery or those in his group of the same specialty. If the surgery was done by a different group you would just bill this as usual no modifier needed.
If it was a complication of surgery and the global does apply to him then the 24 would not be appropriate and the only thing he could get paid for would be return trips to the OR. He would not get to bill for E/M services. This is based on CMS guidelines.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join