CPT Codes 58550 and 58552 vs 58541-58544
Codes58550, Laparoscopy surgical, with vaginal hysterectomy, for uterus 250 grams or less; and58552, Laparoscopy surgical, with vaginal hysterectomy, for uterus 250 grams or less; with removal of tube(s) and/or ovary(s), do not account for the necessity to morcellate the uterine body in order to remove it through minimal access ports. It would not be appropriate to report codes 58550 and 58552 for a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy. The main difference is that these codes describe removal of the uterus with the cervix, whereas a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy describes removal of the uterine fundus leaving the cervix in place.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join