To be eligible for this benefit, individuals must have taken advantage of the initial preventive physical examination, also known as the "Welcome to Medicare" visit. They also have not been previously provided an ultrasound screening under the Medicare program; and be included in at least one of the following risk categories:
-the beneficiary has a family history of abdominal aortic aneurysm
-the beneficiary is a man age 65 to 75 who has smoked at least 100 cigarettes in his lifetime.
Also it is only covered one time and there is no medicare part B deductible, but coinsurance applies.
When a claim is filed for an AAA screening test, the appropriate HCPCS code G0389 (76700, current CPT code) and one of the following ICD-9 codes must be reported:
o V15.82 -- Personal history of tobacco use presenting hazards to health.
o V17.4 -- Family history of other cardiovascular diseases.
o V81.2 -- Screening for other and unspecified cardiovascular conditions.
We do bill for these and we have been receiving payment so far.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join