UHC hays a policy about procedures for Femoracetabular Impingement, that they will not pay for. I'm not sure about your other procedures, but I have had it happen when I bill 29862 and 29999. When you submit the Operative note, and if it mentions that above DX, they may resort to their policy.
You may find some help here:
Also go onto unitedhealthcareonline.com and do a search.
We have patients sign waivers for this and explain that their insurance may do this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join