Modifier -22 is only to be reported on the primary procedure and not for an assistant. Are you a teaching facility? Is that why you are using -82?
We code our assists 59514-80 only when reporting the primary surgeon 59510-22; if coding primary 59510 and 59514-51. then we code 59514-80, 59514-80-51...but find that no one pays for the 59514-80-51, as it is considered bundled.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join