i work for a diabetes and endocrinology practice.
have a coding question. not quite sure what to use for this procedure that i have to precert.
the procedure is an I-123 update and scan and the diagnosis codes being used are
794.5, abnormal thyroid function study
242.90 hyperthyroid, NOS
259.2 carcubiud syndrome
what cpt should i use to this procedure with these icd codes?
also, is there a specific section in the cpt book that i can look under for I-123uptake and scans? not quite sure what they are.
thanks so much for any help!!
i appreciate it
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join