Hello everyone, I am coding a patient who had gallbladder removed 10 days ago. She came back for a follow visit with her primary care due to having pain, vomiting etc. as result of surgery. Dr. gave me dx 574.20 (calculus of gallbladder) Now if the gallbladder is removed why should I still code 574.20. Would be more apropiate to code v45.79 abscence of organ?? Please help, thanks.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join