I agree with you, that is all part of why they come to the GYN for a yearly. As you stated CPT clearly states these are included in the E/M and to use 99401-99412 when the service is done at an encounter separate from the preventive medicine examination.
When I put these codes thru my scrubber this is the response I get.
"Unbundled E/M code An E/M service should not be billed on the same date as Hx Procedure [,(PERIODIC PREVENTIVE MED EST PATIENT AGE 18-39YRS)] on Claim ID-Ext/Int Line ID [597094-1789843/1] unless circumstances warrant use of a modifier -25 or -57. "
I have no idea when you would be able to justify a modifier in this case, I can't even imagine a scenario to fit this requirement.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join