My understanding is that Medicare will cover inpatient only procedures done in an outpatient setting only if the procedure was done in an emergency situation. You would append modifier CA--PROCEDURE PAYABLE ONLY IN THE INPATIENT SETTING WHEN PERFORMED EMERGENTLY ON AN OUTPATIENT WHO EXPIRES PRIOR TO ADMISSION. Otherwise, the hospital has to eat the cost.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join