Does the physician documentation specify that it is malignant? If not, coding it as such would not be appropriate.
Check out the following codes:
238.0 Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of other and unspecified sites and tissues, Bone and articular cartilage
235.9 Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of digestive and respiratory systems, Other and unspecified respiratory organs
239.1 Neoplasm of unspecified nature, Respiratory system
239.2, Neoplasms of unspecified nature; Bone, soft tissue
Base your code on what the physician documents.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join