The ER physicians will often circle acute asthma exacerbation and acute bronchitis on the T-sheet. Should I code 493.92 and 466.0, or would 493.92 capture all of it, since this is also the code for asthmatic bronchitis with acute exacerbation? If they don't dx "asthmatic bronchitis," is it still asthmatic bronchitis if they dx asthma and bronchitis at the same time? Thanks.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join