I have a question, are we allowed to bill for cpt code 96521 (refilling and maintenance of portable pump) and cpt code 96416?
The reason why I ask is because our CCI edits indicates that cpt 96521 would be considered bundled to 96516, further research stated that even with a 59 modifier attached to cpt code 96521 that it would be denied.
Anthem reimbursed us for it while Medicare is denying the services even with the 59 modifier. I've checked to view an updated LCD and was unable to find one.
Is someone having the same issue? please advise and/or help please.
Thank you much
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join