You can't bill a 96416 and a 96521 in the same session. A 96416 should be billed when a patient comes in and has a pump initiated for let's say 7 days with 5FU; then the patient comes back into the office after the 7 days and gets the pump refilled with more 5FU then you would bill a 96521. The pump was never disconnected between the two visits therefore you cannot bill another initiation. I work for a Hem/Onc practice and we bill for these pumps all the time. I hope this clarifies it for you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join