If he also ORDERED the CT scan then you can give an additional point for that and you have 4 data points.
As to the problem points, I'd tend to agree with those who said that the exploratory lap isn't really additional work-up because you already have a definitive diagnosis and seem pretty sure that the bowel resection will be needed. Does he give any indication of what "else" he might be looking for by doing the exploratory lap? If so, then I might give credit for the "new problem w/ work-up."
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join