"wound, the incision was opened. A pocket of purulent material was found subcutaneous at the inferior portion of the wound. All sutures were extracted. Any involved subcutaneous fat and dermis was debrided."
What about 20000?
20000=The physician creates an incision over an abscess and examines the affected area. The site is debrided and drained (20000). If the abscess is deep or complicated (20005) the physician will thoroughly debride and irrigate the area. The site is drained and the underlying tissues and bones are examined for any further signs of infection. Any dead bone or tissue is removed. The site is closed.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join