patient is status post percutaneous lumbar fusion with drainage from her let paraspinal wound.
patient admitted for wound exploration, irrigation & debridement. Utilizing the surgical wound, the incision was opened. A pocket of purulent material was found subcutaneous at the inferior portion of the wound. All sutures were extracted. Any involved subcutaneous fat and dermis was debrided. The fascia and muscle were directly probed. There was no rent in the fascia or muscle, and no tracking down to the hardware. The decision was made to leave the hardware intact. incision was irrigated out well with 6 liters of bacitracin and normal saline solution. cultures were taken x4, two superficial in the dermis adipose tissue and two at the level of the fascia.
Isn't this cpt 10180?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join