AAPC - Back to school
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cpma

Greeley, Colorado

Talking I passed!

AAPC: Back to School
    I received an email on Friday at work, that I didn't see until this morning. But I "checked in" last night and saw that i passed!! I can't believe it. I really had my doubts but hooray!! Congrats to all of us!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Default Passed CPMA

Took the test 12/5 as well and just checked the site and I passed (again). That was a long wait.

Congratulations to all.

Kem Potter, RHIT, CCS-P, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CGSC

Question Cpma - congrats! pls advice

CONGRATS!!! to everyone!!
    I'm taking it this Sat, any piece of advice?
    Thank you
    Lynda E. Jiménez, CPC CEMC CIMC

Default Cpma exam

Congrats to everyone that passed the exam.

For the ones that passed I was wondering if you can give me some guidance of what I can review in the areas of Quality Assurance & Risk Analysis, and Compliance and Regulatory.

Thanks so much in advance,

Gina, CPC, CEMC

Springfield, MO

My advice is to get Deborah Grider's book, Medical Record Auditor. I saw where a lot of information from the book was referenced in the questions.

I would also review Joint Commission documentation guidelines and the OIG website.
    Amy Bishard, BA, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CCS, RCC
    Instructor, Medical Billing and Coding, Cox College
    2015 Education Officer - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter
    Former AAPC Chapter Association Board of Directors 2012-2015
    2011 President - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter
    2010 President Elect - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter

North Carolina

That's fabulous guys!! I'm so happy for you! I couldn't make it to the rescheduled date but sometime in the future I'll sit for it. Congrats again!!!

Default Cpma

Thanks for the info.

Gina, CPC, CEMC

Red face I passed too!

Congrats to all of us! It was a hard test, so everyone should be proud of their efforts.

Default Question to those who passed the CPMA

I am wondering if it is worth paying to take the review class as I have already attended a webinar on auditing and I have Deborah Grider's book as well as made a copy of the resources list to prepare for the exam.

Also if anyone did the NAMAS review class how long after did you schedule your exam?

Guidance for both of these issues is greatly appreciated.

I passed the test and I never went to any additional training and I did not have Deborahs book either.

I thought the actual auditing was easy but that is what I do everyday. The hard part for me was the compliance part because you have no resources with you for that. I am very complaince oriented and try to stay on top of it but there is a lot out there and in the real world we have the lovely internet at our disposals.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC