Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Cpma

Exam Training Packages
    It's unfortunate that with it being a specialty exam that we are not allowed to bring "one other printed source" like the coding companions that are allowed for other specialty exams. Since it's a "beta" exam, that will certainly be one of my comments afterward. Who all is taking it? I'm doing it on the 12th (just took the COBGC 11/21 and PASSED!) Sometimes I think I'm crazy!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Cool
    I am taking the test Saturday. I was a bit frustrated when I received an e-mail at about 10:30 last night stating no other reference books are allowed. I wonder though since we are beta testing if that has something to do with it. I guess we'll all find out!
    Good luck everybody!
    Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC
    AAPC Fellow
    AAPC ICD-10-CM/PCS Training Expert

Kindness is contagious-PASS IT ON!

I'm doing the 19th. Wasn't planning on it...but....

Congrats Lisa!! Great work~

Thanks Rebecca!
    I wasn't going to do it either until it was offered for free...so I figured what the heck. Just 5 1/2 more hours right? Good luck to all!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Rebecca, I thought it was also strange that the credential is titled "Certified Professional Medical Auditor." When the study material is focused on compliance. I'm not familiar with NAMAS, but I can see why they would want to have consistency with both organizations. Who knows, maybe they will change it in the future like they did with CPC-E/M & CEMC?
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

I took the test today and I can honestly say it is the hardest test I have ever taken. It is nothing like the CEMC; it covers so much more. Good luck everybody!
    Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC
    AAPC Fellow
    AAPC ICD-10-CM/PCS Training Expert

Kindness is contagious-PASS IT ON!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards View Post
    I took the test today and I can honestly say it is the hardest test I have ever taken. It is nothing like the CEMC; it covers so much more. Good luck everybody!
    Brenda, I took the test as well. It was difficult that is why I don't agree with the name of the certification. This certification should have "compliance" in it somewhere. I can't wait to see if I passed it. Good luck!

I am taking it this saturday and am officially scared. Could be my first ever failed exam. Did you guys get to write comments in the booklet after taking the exam?
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    I am taking it this saturday and am officially scared. Could be my first ever failed exam. Did you guys get to write comments in the booklet after taking the exam?
    Hi Lisa,
    Please don't be scared - be calm, cool & collective! Funny thing is the proctors told us that we could not write in the booklet, but they later restated that we could. I circled the ones that I knew I wanted to share my feedback & after the test was over I went back & wrote it down. However, I got done 45 minutes early so I had time to do that. I did not wait until the end, so I don't know if they would have allowed me to do that? A lot of people that were sitting for the test were there for their CPC. The best thing about multiple choice questions, is you can pretty much eliminate (2) of them and then choose your best answer. I feel somewhat confident that I passed, but who knows? Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by efrohna View Post
    Hi Lisa,
    Please don't be scared - be calm, cool & collective! Funny thing is the proctors told us that we could not write in the booklet, but they later restated that we could. I circled the ones that I knew I wanted to share my feedback & after the test was over I went back & wrote it down. However, I got done 45 minutes early so I had time to do that. I did not wait until the end, so I don't know if they would have allowed me to do that? A lot of people that were sitting for the test were there for their CPC. The best thing about multiple choice questions, is you can pretty much eliminate (2) of them and then choose your best answer. I feel somewhat confident that I passed, but who knows? Good luck!!
    Thank you and good luck to you as well!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA