Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Cpma

Medical Coding Books
    Lisa,
    Write back to us on this thread and let us know what you thought of the test (easy/hard). Looking forward to your feedback!
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

2. Default Cpma
    I also took the test on Sat. It was harder than I thought iit would be. The CEMC was a breeze compared to this one. I don't audit alot of hospital services. I don't know how I did. I'm leaning more towards that I failed. What are your thoughts?
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Quote Originally Posted by efrohna View Post
    Lisa,
    Write back to us on this thread and let us know what you thought of the test (easy/hard). Looking forward to your feedback!
    I will do that for sure! In the mean time, everyone let us know if you passed when you get your results, ok?
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by wendypwrightcpccemc View Post
    I also took the test on Sat. It was harder than I thought iit would be. The CEMC was a breeze compared to this one. I don't audit alot of hospital services. I don't know how I did. I'm leaning more towards that I failed. What are your thoughts?
    Great...hospital coding...should be interesting since I'm provider based...

5. Default
    I was told by the AAPC that this is a "core" credential not a specialty and which is why we couldn't bring anything else to the exam. I am taking mine this saturday...I am too old for this

Quote Originally Posted by SarahF View Post
    I was told by the AAPC that this is a "core" credential not a specialty and which is why we couldn't bring anything else to the exam. I am taking mine this saturday...I am too old for this
    Sarah - I had not realized it was considered a core credential...but after I saw your post, I checked how the Academy has it listed under certifications - and I'll be darned if it isn't a core credential! Very interesting. Good luck to you! I am taking mine on Saturday also.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccawoodward View Post
    Great...hospital coding...should be interesting since I'm provider based...
    For those taking this test in the upcoming weeks, please review the Exam Breakdown for studying. They are not kidding with the auditing of approximately 20 healthcare cases. Also, I would also like to know how many of you think this credential should be renamed to a "compliance" cert? There are 150 questions, 20 of them were auditing/abstracting. In my opinion, the majority was compliance related. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Sounds like it but I'll have a better "feel" once I take it. I've reviewed the suggested sites and most of those I refer to at least once a day...fingers and toes crossed...

9. Default
    I have a question. i recieved an email from the AAPC about the exam that had this statement:

• Any audit tools of your choice (only 2 Evaluation and Management audit tools required)

If you are saying you are saying we are auditing approx 20 cases?!

Did I miss something or are we not auditing the entire case?

Thanks
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by SarahF View Post
    I have a question. i recieved an email from the AAPC about the exam that had this statement:

• Any audit tools of your choice (only 2 Evaluation and Management audit tools required)

If you are saying you are saying we are auditing approx 20 cases?!

Did I miss something or are we not auditing the entire case?

Thanks
    Sarah
    Sarah, go to the Certification Tab on top of your screen and look at the CPMA credential, it will break down what you need to prepare for. I took 2 E/M audit tools with me & you are also allowed to take a copy of the '95 and '97 documentation guidelines. I was questioned by the proctors on bringing the DG's, but once I told them what I was sitting for they ok'd it.