Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Cpma

Default Cpma
    Exam Training Packages
    I will be taking this one on the 12th.. I had no problem with the CEMC

Gina, CPC,CEMC

Default cpma
    I'm taking the exam on Monday but feel like I'm still going in blind. It will be interesting to see what the study guide looks like when it comes out. The only problem I have with it is that we are only allowed updates to coding guidelines and our CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS books.

If I were doing an audit, I would have access to all of these websites they sent us to study too. There is no way to memorize all of the information.

Anyway, I figure take it this time to see what it's like and hope for the best.

Default CPMA - Study Guide
    The study guide is out - it is called Medical Record Auditor by Debra Grider (AAPC) and is available thru the AMA.

Maria

Quote Originally Posted by mhcpc View Post
    I'm taking the exam on Monday but feel like I'm still going in blind. It will be interesting to see what the study guide looks like when it comes out. The only problem I have with it is that we are only allowed updates to coding guidelines and our CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS books.

If I were doing an audit, I would have access to all of these websites they sent us to study too. There is no way to memorize all of the information.

Anyway, I figure take it this time to see what it's like and hope for the best.
    Hi MHcpc,
    As long as you know you are not auditing/abstracting the whole test, like the exam breakdown says, you will only audit/abstract approximately 20 healthcare notes. The remaining is all the other items under the breakdown:
    • Legal/Regulatory Issues
    • NCCI Edits
    • RAC Audits
    • Quality Assurance
    • Statistical Sampling
    • Documentation Requirements of Medical Records

You will need all (3) books CPT, ICD-9 & HCPCS. Don't forget to bring an audit tool (allowed 2) & a copy of the DG's '95 & '97. I forgot to bring a watch & the clock on the wall was not visible to me. Good luck!
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

5. Default Cpma
    Found out today that I passed!! Wow that was really fast. Wasn't expecting the results so quick. I do have to say this was the hardest test I've taken. The exam committee did a great job quizing my knowledge.
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Quote Originally Posted by wendypwrightcpccemc View Post
    Found out today that I passed!! Wow that was really fast. Wasn't expecting the results so quick. I do have to say this was the hardest test I've taken. The exam committee did a great job quizing my knowledge.
    AWESOME Wendy!! What date did you take the exam? I'm taking it tomorrow
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

7. Default
    Took it on 12/5. Yesterday the site said pass and today it is saying pending again but when you click on it my score is there (which is a passing) but it is saying pending. I'm confused. It seems like the site is messed up. Makes me wonder if maybe I didn't pass it but I'm a worry wart.
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Took it Saturday. Too much stuff on compliance that I honestly did not know. I don't think I passed but guess I'll find out soon enough.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

9. Default
    I am preparing to take the CHC with the HCCA in Feb. so I have been studying up on compliance. I think this test will help me prepare for the CHC exam. I had trouble with some of the case studies. There were things on there that I do not audit.
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Question CPMA results
    Quote Originally Posted by wendypwrightcpccemc View Post
    Took it on 12/5. Yesterday the site said pass and today it is saying pending again but when you click on it my score is there (which is a passing) but it is saying pending. I'm confused. It seems like the site is messed up. Makes me wonder if maybe I didn't pass it but I'm a worry wart.
    I took mine on 12/5 as well and yesterday mine said pending with the score which was passing, now it just says pending and the score is missing. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Rosalie
    Rosalie Riley, CPC, CEMC, ACS-OR, CHCO