Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Cpma

Exam Training Packages
    Well....My test for Saturday (19th) has been cancelled due to inclimate weather.

That sucks Rebecca. I'm scheduled to take mine tomorrow, so far they haven't cancelled it. Of course I'm in Michigan, bad weather is the only kind we have this time of year! Hopefully they will let you take it at a later date since it was due to circumstances beyond control.

I will say I am really nervous about taking this one. I've never failed a test before and I don't want to start now but I can guarantee I won't pass if I don't take it so I'm going to do my best.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Good Luck Laura!

NC isn't accustomed to too much sleet and snow but I KNOW Michigan is..............

And you know what?? I'm originally from Michigan...Grand Rapids. I knew there was another reason why I liked you other than just you're coding knowledge...LOL!

4. Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by mintjulep View Post
    I took mine on 12/5 as well and yesterday mine said pending with the score which was passing, now it just says pending and the score is missing. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Rosalie
    I called the AAPC since mine said pass and then it was gone. I was told that the IT people weren't suppose to release the results until they've had a chance to review the feedback on the tests. She said it would be possibly another week before we would see our results. My score was also taken down. It's a bummer to see your score and then not. I am just very anxious to see pass again since I've told everyone that I did indeed pass the test.
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Well I took my exam today. Finished in 2 hours, feedback and all. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. I certainly agree this was more of a compliance test than auditing. I used my books for less than half the test and didn't even look at my E/M guidelines or audit sheet. The majority of the questions could not be answered with our books or allowed references so one of my comments was additional reference materials should be allowed.

I am confident of my auditing skills and feel I did good on those parts but some of the compliance questions leave me feeling very nervous about my odds of passing this one.

Oh well, time will tell...

Laura, CPC, CEMC

6. Talking CPMA exam
    Wow, 2 hours, that's impressive! I took mine December 12, and it took me about 4 hrs to complete. I agree with one of the other posts that it was probably the hardest test I have ever taken. Anxious to find out if I passed!

Default CPMA Exam
    I took my exam on Saturday (19th).
    First,I have to thank everyone for all of the information that you have posted. It was a great help.
    The test is difficult. Study up on your compliance and the materials that they have suggested.
    Everyone has given great advice
    Good luck to everyone!!!
    Jamie Salup CPC, CEMS, COSC, COBGS
    Last edited by talamorej1977; 12-20-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katmryn78 View Post
    Well I took my exam today. Finished in 2 hours, feedback and all. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. I certainly agree this was more of a compliance test than auditing. I used my books for less than half the test and didn't even look at my E/M guidelines or audit sheet. The majority of the questions could not be answered with our books or allowed references so one of my comments was additional reference materials should be allowed.

I am confident of my auditing skills and feel I did good on those parts but some of the compliance questions leave me feeling very nervous about my odds of passing this one.

Oh well, time will tell...

Laura, CPC, CEMC
    I agree with you Laura on all of your comments. I also stated in my feedback that reference material on compliance should be allowed. I too am very confident with my auditing skills, but the compliance questions did throw me some. I think I finished in 3 1/2 hours (took it on the 12th). I'm afraid I gave too much extra thought to many of the compliance questions
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by wendypwrightcpccemc View Post
    I called the AAPC since mine said pass and then it was gone. I was told that the IT people weren't suppose to release the results until they've had a chance to review the feedback on the tests. She said it would be possibly another week before we would see our results. My score was also taken down. It's a bummer to see your score and then not. I am just very anxious to see pass again since I've told everyone that I did indeed pass the test.
    Thanks for the info Wendy. I've been repeatedly checking for mine. At least we know what the hold up is. Did they mean the feedback on your specific test or everyone's feedback? If it is everyone's, it could be well into January before we get our results. It would be nice if they would inform us of the delay...since we are all so anxious!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Red face
    I just got off the phone with national and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told it will be after the first of the year before we get our results. Because this is a beta test, they have to go through not only the test but also all of the comments that were put in the test booklets to ensure fairness across the board.
    So, I now will stop checking the website 52 times a day to see if I passed. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and don't check if you passed until the new year!
    Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC
    AAPC Fellow
    AAPC ICD-10-CM/PCS Training Expert

Kindness is contagious-PASS IT ON!