Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Cpma

Exam Training Packages
    Thanks Brenda! I also sent them an email suggesting that perhaps they could send out an email to all of us participating in the beta test explaining the delay and reasons. Seems only fair. I think enough of us have inquired to make them realize we are all quite curious...
    I too will stop checking multiple times and on the weekends!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Smile Thank you !
    Hi All;

I'm so delighted to find this thread regarding the CPMA Beta Exam! Knowing I am not alone in my excruciating wait for my Exam results from 12/05/09 is great!

I studied the thousands of pages of links they sent us on compliance issues but apparently did not study the specific stuff they asked on the exam so I did a lot of guessing. Luckily, some of seemed to be common sense. I totally suggest they rename this from the Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) to the Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) )

QUestion:

Does anyone know the score needed to pass? Is it 70% or 80%? I am not having any luck finding that information.

Thank you; have a Merry Christmas!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC

It makes me wonder if they are going to wait in releasing the results of the test until everyone who was scheduled to take the beta exam is complete. My rescheduled exam (due to inclimate weather) is 12-30. That should be the last of us for December... Just a thought...

Smile Congrats
    Rebecca;

Congrats on being able to take the exam while it is still a BETA; I'm very excited for you, I think this is a great opportunity provided by the AAPC.

Study your compliance issues and good luck!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    And POSSIBLE CPMA

Thank you Susan. I wish you the very best, also. I'm looking forward to the test...I think.

Wink
    We are one crazy group to sit for these 5 1/2 hour exams!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

7. Default CPMA Test
    I took the test on the 19th and found it to be extremely harder than any test I can remember ever taking. I was very disappointed that there were not enough resources allowed. I even questioned them on that when they sent the email stating what books were allowed. They definitley need to allow resources pertaining to Compliance regulations and guidelines. But I'll just see what happens. The proctor had us put our comments on the back of the exam grid not in the book, so I ran our of space. I guess I'll send an email to the Exam Dept. Good Luck to all that took the test!

Kaye

Quote Originally Posted by Susan R View Post
    Hi All;

I'm so delighted to find this thread regarding the CPMA Beta Exam! Knowing I am not alone in my excruciating wait for my Exam results from 12/05/09 is great!

I studied the thousands of pages of links they sent us on compliance issues but apparently did not study the specific stuff they asked on the exam so I did a lot of guessing. Luckily, some of seemed to be common sense. I totally suggest they rename this from the Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) to the Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) )

QUestion:

Does anyone know the score needed to pass? Is it 70% or 80%? I am not having any luck finding that information.

Thank you; have a Merry Christmas!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    Susan, that is exactly what I said earlier in this thread. This CPMA credential does not give the recognition the test taker deserves. This is a COMPLIANCE certification. I'm also happy to hear that the test scores that they posted earlier by mistake are being reviewed due to the feedback on the Beta test. I want to say the passing grade is 70%. Good luck! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and prosperous 2010!!!
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    Thanks Brenda! I also sent them an email suggesting that perhaps they could send out an email to all of us participating in the beta test explaining the delay and reasons. Seems only fair. I think enough of us have inquired to make them realize we are all quite curious...
    I too will stop checking multiple times and on the weekends!!
    Lisa,

Was the OB/ GYN test as excruciating as the CPMA? What resource guide did you use? What resource guide did you WISH you would have had? Thanks for any help. I think that's my next specialty; either that or CPC-I.

Also, I talked to AAPC yesterday; our results will be posted after January 1st; they are reviewing all the booklets, exams, etc over the holiday. The response has been overwhelming for them, I'm sure. I'm just excited to have been part of the BETA Exam opportunity!

The funny part is the lady I spoke with said "someone" had suggested an email to go out to the BETA Exam participants and she thought that was a great idea! I said "oh, that had to be Lisa!"

I guess we'll all know our results soon; good luck to all of us!

~ Susan R; CPC, CEMC
    POSSIBLE CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by romenza View Post
    I took the test on the 19th and found it to be extremely harder than any test I can remember ever taking. I was very disappointed that there were not enough resources allowed. I even questioned them on that when they sent the email stating what books were allowed. They definitley need to allow resources pertaining to Compliance regulations and guidelines. But I'll just see what happens. The proctor had us put our comments on the back of the exam grid not in the book, so I ran our of space. I guess I'll send an email to the Exam Dept. Good Luck to all that took the test!

Kaye
    Email them soon, Kaye; I think they're trying to get all the comments in to grade all the BETA's so it's fair to everyone. Good luck!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    POSSIBLE CPMA