Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Cpma

Medical Coding Books
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan R View Post
    Lisa,

Was the OB/ GYN test as excruciating as the CPMA? What resource guide did you use? What resource guide did you WISH you would have had? Thanks for any help. I think that's my next specialty; either that or CPC-I.

Also, I talked to AAPC yesterday; our results will be posted after January 1st; they are reviewing all the booklets, exams, etc over the holiday. The response has been overwhelming for them, I'm sure. I'm just excited to have been part of the BETA Exam opportunity!

The funny part is the lady I spoke with said "someone" had suggested an email to go out to the BETA Exam participants and she thought that was a great idea! I said "oh, that had to be Lisa!"

I guess we'll all know our results soon; good luck to all of us!

~ Susan R; CPC, CEMC
    POSSIBLE CPMA
    LOL - yes, it was me. I spoke with Wendy at the Academy yesterday...she called about my email. Said she was going to try to get an email out to all of us. As for the COBGC exam, it was much easier than the CPMA and I used the OBGYN coding companion as my additional resourse. I don't have a good feeling about the CPMA, but that's ok. We'll see soon enough! At least we now know they aren't posting them until after the first. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    LOL - yes, it was me. I spoke with Wendy at the Academy yesterday...she called about my email. Said she was going to try to get an email out to all of us. As for the COBGC exam, it was much easier than the CPMA and I used the OBGYN coding companion as my additional resourse. I don't have a good feeling about the CPMA, but that's ok. We'll see soon enough! At least we now know they aren't posting them until after the first. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
    It sure would have been a great Christmas present to see that "PASS" again on the website for my CPMA. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait. I'm sure they were expecting all of us to jump on another 5 1/2 hour test at the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

I know that we all wrote our comments in our booklets, but I want to make sure that we are not suppose to 'email' them our comments.
    Or they are just going to email us an update as to when we are going to get our results?
    Sorry, this has been such an ordeal!!
    Happy Holidays to all my fellow BETA testers. (and everyone else)
    Jamie Salup, CPC, CEMC, COBGC, COSC
    Last edited by talamorej1977; 12-24-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsalup View Post
    I know that we all wrote our comments in our booklets, but I want to make sure that we are not suppose to 'email' them our comments.
    Or they are just going to email us an update as to when we are going to get our results?
    Sorry, this has been such an ordeal!!
    Happy Holidays to all my fellow BETA testers. (and everyone else)
    Jamie Salup, CPC, CEMC, COBGC, COSC
    Hi Jamie;

We don't have to email our comments, I think a lot of us did. I for one, was too tired to make all the comments in the BETA Exam booklet so I emailed my responses. Good luck, we should find out our results soon!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    POSSIBLE CPMA

Cool cpma
    I'm with you Susan. I was exhausted when I completed the exam and my head was spinning, so I waited a few days and emailed my comments. I got an email back in just a little bit saying they would be passed on and my results would be posted after the first of the year.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Michele R Hayes, CPC, CEMC, CGIG, ?CPMA

If you don't mind, can you give me the email address of who you emailed?
    You can send it to me privately if you would like at jamiesalup@aol.com.
    Thanks.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jsalup View Post
    If you don't mind, can you give me the email address of who you emailed?
    You can send it to me privately if you would like at jamiesalup@aol.com.
    Thanks.
    Jamie
    No privacy needed, Jamie. Just send your exam questions to exams@aapc.com and they will forward them to the powers that be. Good luck!

~ Susan R., CPC, CEMC
    POSSIBLE CPMA

Hi Evangelina,
    How was the test do you make any recommendations on what you should review before taking the test.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammie06 View Post
    Hi Evangelina,
    How was the test do you make any recommendations on what you should review before taking the test.
    Thanks
    Hi Sammie,
    I posted my suggestions earlier in this thread, which basically reiterate what is posted on this site already. Just like all of us have said, there are some questions on the test that I wonder where the resource material is coming from. Only time will tell when they review our feedback. Good luck Sammie. Everyone Have a Happy & Safe New Year!
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

10. Default
    I am not expecting our results Jan. 1. When they say after the first of the year that could mean by the end of January. I understand they have all these comments to go through but we should at least find out the results by our 6 week mark. I too was too exhausted to leave a good deal of feedback. Some of the questions I made notes by. I don't see how a study guide will be enough to prepare someone for this exam.
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health