Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Cpma

Exam Training Packages
    I was told that they hope to post results by 1/9/2010. Good luck to us all!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Default Ready for Results!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    I was told that they hope to post results by 1/9/2010. Good luck to us all!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm ready for results anytime! I thought it was going to be today, but I guess I can wait until the 9th since I have no choice!

Good luck to all of us!

Does anyone know where our new CPMA credential will go in the initials? Is it before the CPC or after the specialty initials?

Susan Reehill, CPC, CEMC
    Possible CPMA

3. Default
    When mine was posted prematurely the CPMA was after the CPC and then the CEMC. I guess because it was a core credential it will be listed before any specialty credentials.
    Last edited by wendypwrightcpccemc; 01-05-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

4. Default
    I was just wandering if anybody has heard anymore news of when the results maybe posted? Or our they still by the 9th? Thank you

Default Results
    Okay, dying for results!! Tomorrow is the the last work day of the week ... maybe when we get to work in the morning!

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    Probable CPMA

I agree, I'm dying for the results! I do have one comment about the E/M portion of both the CEMC and CPMA. How on earth are you supposed to tell the difference between a 95 and 97 exam? According to the guidelines, you can have either one. My feedback is that any question that makes you choose between those two when it comes to the exam should be thrown out as two answers are correct. What are others thoughts?

Default difference 1995 vs 1997 exams
    Actually I think it is important to test the ability of a coder to differentiate in audting using 1995 vs 1997 guidelines. So I have no problem at all with questions on the exam that ask you to do this. I haven't taken the CPMA but when I took the CEMC I seem to recall more than one note that we were asked to code using 1995 and then asked to code using 1997.

That is a key skill, in my opinion, for an auditor.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Tessa,

I appreciate your feedback. My question is then, how do you differentiate between whether an exam is expanded problem focused or detailed using the 1995 guidelines?

Amy B. CPC, CEMC

9. Default
    I am a little perturbed about the results not being available today. Who told you that the results would be posted by the 9th of this month? The 9th is on a Sat. I doubt those results would be posted on the site on a Sat. If they aren't up by Monday I am calling the AAPC. This is getting a little ridiculous.
    Wendy P. Wright, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    CaroMont Health

Lightbulb
    Amy,
    In response to your 95 exam question-let's say the patient presents with left wrist pain. Here are two examples of the exam portion:

"Vitals are noted, patient appears to be in mild discomfort. The exam of the wrist shows moderate swelling and tenderness."

Compare that to:

"Vitals are noted, patient appears to be in mild discomfort. Range of motion of the left wrist appears to be decreased with moderate tenderness noted when compared with that of the right wrist. There are contusions on the palm of the hand presumably from the injury. Negative tinel's sign, vascular appears intact, no obvious malformations".

I would consider the first exam expanded problem focused since there is limited documentation of the wrist exam with the additional documentation of the vitals. The second exam of the wrist is much more detailed and shows the in-depth documentation of wrist exam when compared to the first example. The provider may have done the same exam in both examples, but, in my opinion, the documentation of the first note is not detailed.

I hope this helps,

P.S. Still waiting for my CPMA results...really hoping we all hear something today! Good luck all!
    Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC
    AAPC Fellow
    AAPC ICD-10-CM/PCS Training Expert

Kindness is contagious-PASS IT ON!