Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Cpma

Default Cpma
    Medical Coding Books
    I know this just came out but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the new CPMA credential. Is another 5 hr exam required?
    adrianne, cpc

Default CPMA is not an AAPC credential
    http://www.doctors-management.com/im...20Schedule.pdf

I don't see where they have announced their auditing credential yet.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

See page 11 in November's Coding Edge. It states it is a core credential for the AAPC.
    adrianne, cpc

I received an e-mail from AAPC and it said it is another 5 1/2 hr test.

The AAPC partnered up with NAMAS. As of 1/1/2010, the CPMA is officially an AAPC credential. All of those who have successfully completed the CPMA prior to 12/31/09 and is in good standing, will be grandfathered in. The AAPC will be the administrator for the credential.

Very interesting.

I got an email last night about it from AAPC but they didn't mention the partnership piece and I was wondering how they could use the same credential. I guess it all makes sense now.

This also makes me question why I haven't received Coding Edge for November.

Another question what does this do to our CEU requirements? When it was just a NAMAS credential the same CEUs for our CPC could be used. Will we have to get an additional 16 like most of the other specialty credentials? There is nothing posted on their site yet about this and no option for a practice exam either that I could find. I intend to take the exam as soon as I can, I had actually planned on going thru NAMAS for it sometime next year, it will be disappointing though if we have to get more CEUs now to keep it.

Laura, CPC, CEMC
    Last edited by LLovett; 11-06-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Default Cpma
    I found a little bit of more information on their "preview" website..
    http://preview.aapc.com/certification/cpma.aspx
    Rachel Nelson, RHIA, CPC-A

Wink
    I'm taking this test on Saturday, Dec. 5th. Wish me luck! I found some of the resources comical, because it's a link to the website. So, does that mean I study the whole site? LOL!
    Evangelina Frohna, CPC, CEMC

I was scratching my head on this one too.... The suggested resources are great resources however, we are only allowed to bring our normal coding books (CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS), the DG's and two auditing forms. There is alot of information provided on the "resources" list that isn't necessarily provided within our manuals and DG's....Any thoughts on this?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast