For radiology it is better to go with the -TC or -26 modifiers depending on who owns the equipment. Check out the radiology guidelines in your CPT book in the beginning of that chapter. It talks about "seperate procedure" coding rules as well.
Modifier -59 is only to be used for a "Seperate Distinct Procedure", which means that it is used only for a procedure or service that is distinct or independant from other non-E/M services performed on the same date of service. It is used for procedures that are not normally performed together. Hope this helps a little bit. If not, look into the Modifiers forum about issues with the -59 modifier. There are many posts discussing it
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join