AAPC - Back to school

Thread: auditing

Default auditing

AAPC: Back to School
    I just recently got my credentials for auditing has anyone started auditing yet, I was wondering if it is easier to have someone to help you with it. I got my credentials through NAMAS and they said that when you started theywould have one of their auditors walk you through it on the phone.

Thank you,
    Lori Harris, CPC , CPMA

Default Namas

I unfortunately do not have any answers to your specific questions, but I spoke with NAMAS last week about the same credentials. they said that if I took the exam this year (2009), I would be grandfathered in to the AAPC's recognition for 2010 and going forward.
    My question is, what was your opinion of the NAMAS test vs. an AAPC certification test? i am wondering if I shoudld try to fit it in in the next month and a half.
    thanks! Janene, CPC

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I thought NAMAS test was a lot easier but I went to their Boot Camp which was very helpful. AAPC's test was hard I took it twice. I hope that helps.

Similar Threads

1. Auditing ? on E/M-
    By msalvatore in forum Auditing General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
  2. Auditing E/M
    By Ronilynn in forum E/M
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 05:20 PM
  3. E/M Auditing
    By magmae in forum Orthopaedics