Do I agree with the NCCI edit? No. I do think you are interpreting it correctly though. Like consult codes which are strictly interpretive, Medicare is allowing only one unit of 83912 per day, no matter how many interpretations you are doing.
I don't know about your HSV test, but if you are using the codes in this 838910-83909 series, then I don't see why the interpretation and report (83912) wouldn't apply.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join