I see where it says it but that is for trailblazer and is not CMS. Also per HIPAA, the codes and modifiers all have the same definitions regardless of the payer. I just cannot see how in any way this fits the definition of the 76 modifier for a repeat procedure/service. Since the dx is different then the same service cannot be repeated. And in the federal register it is stated this modifier is not for E&M codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join