Results 1 to 2 of 2

Need coding help...

  1. Default Need coding help...
    Medical Coding Books
    Here is the scenario. Pt has previous abdominal c-section scar about 2-3 years old. Now pt has a granulomous tissue (4 cm) mass right underneath her incision scar. My OB/GYN Dr now wants to do an incision to remove tissue mass and close in office. How would I code this?

  2. Default
    I would start with asking Dr. if any type of plastic repair would be done and take a look at CPT 14000, this includes the removal of mass and a plastic repair; if not, and it's just excision with layered closure, look at CPT 11404 w/12032.

    Hope this helps.

    CT ENT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.