Without seeing the actual procedure report, I can suggest that sometimes a PEG is converted to a PEJ. The patient has a PEG in place and the physician performs an endoscopy to the jejunum. A jejunostomy tube is advanced through the previously placed G-tube. Then the J-tube is pulled through the scope and advanced into the jejunum. This is sometimes done for better nutritional support. The code for this conversion is 44373.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join