The outpatient facility may indeed charge mutiple E&M encounters on the same day, you will need a 27 modifier on the second and subsequent E&M and if you have more than one in the same revenue center on the same day then you nned a G0 condition code. also if one E&M needs a 25 modifier then they all need a 25 modifier regardless of where the procedure was performed, so if you do infusions then all E&Ms on the claim need a 25 modifier and the second and subsequent will need a 27 as well.
Do not confuse physician billing with facility on this issue as the rules and dos and don'ts are different.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join