Question please...I have a patient admitted to inpatient psychiatric care. A psychiatric history and physical is done by the MD. Psych doc bills appropriate CPT code.
A PA also performs an admission history and physical using the same diagnosis as psych...ex. 311 depression.
She is billing a subsequent visit code (99232) would this be appropriate? She is not performing a subsequent visit, she is doing a history and physical.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join