Yes, CMS is eliminating the payment for inpatient and office consult codes effective 1/1/2010. Other payers may or may not follow their lead. For Medicare what would have been an office consult will be billed as a new or established patient visit. For an inpatient consult those will be billed as the initial care inpatient or initial care nursing facility codes. To distinguish the admitting physician service from other initial inpatient care the admitting physician will use a new modifier to be announced.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join