I see the comment about just Medicare. Keep in mind CMS is actually the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Where Medicare goes Medicaid tends to closely follow.
I checked with Michigan Medicaid today, they have not officially received anything but they expect to get something soon stating they will be following the directive to no longer pay for consults either.
Which makes sense to me, you would see not Medicaid fee schedules addressed in the Federal Register because they are run by the states, but it ultimately benefits the carriers to drop the consults why wouldn't they go with it.
Something to keep in mind and watch for,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join