AAPC - Back to school

Thread: AAPC ICD-10 Code Conversion tool

Default AAPC ICD-10 Code Conversion tool

AAPC: Back to School
    Has any body tried ICD-10 Code Conversion tool at AAPC website? does it include ICD 9 procedure code conversion? I tried but no code found.

For example, 00.01 GEM mapped 2 ICD 10 codes but I cannot find it in this free conversion tool.
    Xiang Mack CPC

Default ICD-10 Conversion Tool

I've used the AAPC conversion tool and I've had a lot of success looking up codes. However, there are some diagnoses which do not have an exact translation into ICD-10, such as 311.

Oil City

It's only for ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM right now. We will do one for Volume III of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-PCS but it is not available right now.
    Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CEPDC, CENTC
    Vice President, ICD-10
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    Fax: 814-217-0447

Default mary

PreOrder: 2010 Hospital & Payer ICD-9-CM Professional, Volumes 1,2 & 3
    Publisher: Ingenix
    ISBN: 978-1-60151-263-5
    Price: $99.95
    Members: $69.95
    Corporate Members: $62.96

i just want to confirm that this book is the 2010 version of the 2009 one because this one also says payer and 2009 didnt. pls advise. thanks

Default ICD-10 Conversion Tool

Have tried using the ICD-10 conmversion tool; appears that some ICD-9-CM to ICD-10 code conversion are not present as they are "scenarios" in the GEM files. Is this true? One should be able ot find an active ICD-9-CM code such as 806.4 as it is valid and there is no statement indicating that only portions of the GEM fiels are being used?

Thank you,
    Theresa Marshall MT(ASCP), CPC